TAKING SAFETY SERIOUSLY
In 2016 RGC was audited by the ACC against the Workplace Safety Management Practices Standards, and awarded Tertiary Accreditation. In addition we run a rigorous programme of machinery inspection and certification on an ongoing basis. Her are some of the highlights.
- All boom pumps have been inspected and certified, with recertification every 12 months.
- All of RGC team members are Site Safe trained and certified.
- Each division has a specially designed Safe Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Everyone is trained in their particular SOP and retrained whenever the SOP is updated.
- Strict adherence to the SOP is paramount.
- Before work is started every morning each team must complete a pre-start meeting.
- Strict assessment and documentation of all hazards and controls is completed on every job.
- Divisional toolbox meetings are held on a weekly basis.
- We have a quarterly H&S meeting where the entire RGC workforce meets as a group.
Health and safety at RGC is overseen by our Health & Safety Committee, which is chaired by the Managing Director. The committee includes representation from management and operational employees from every division.
No matter how high our standards may be today, we view health and safety as an area requiring continuous improvement.